I am working as Research Associate with research interest as to apply and optimize machine learning algorithms on demand response optimization and cyber security of critical infrastructure while pursuing PhD at Indian Institute of Information technology Allahabad, India. He has 4 years of research experience in the C3i HUB IIT Kanpur sponsored project(Risk Averse Resilience Framework for Critical Infrastructure Security), and in the Indo-Norway Project(CPSEC) in the field of “Machine Learning Approach for Cyber Security”- (under joint collaboration of IIT Kanpur, IIIT Allahabad and Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Gjovik-Norway). He received his graduation in Mathematics(BHU, India) and post graduation in Computer Application(MNNIT Allahabad, India) and in Software Systems(BITS Pilani, India). After post graduation, he worked 9 years for multinationals like Tata Consultancy Services(India) and Ciena India Pvt. Ltd. (Indian and Canada) as a senior Java developer in the field of Telecommunications, Layer zero control plane for optical fiber and Banking/Finance.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PROJECTS
- Research Associate I, RARCIS(IIIT Allahabad -C3i Hub IIT kanpur) Mar 2022 —Till now
- Research Fellow, CPSEC(Indo-Norway Joint Venture) Feb 2019 —Feb 2022
- Module Lead, CIENA India,Ottawa(Canada). Oct 2012 — June 2018
- Senior Software Engineer, Gradifex Technologies, India May 2012 — Sep 2012
- Software Engineer, Tata Consultancy Services, India Oct 2009 — May 2012
- PhD, Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad, India July 2019 — Till Date
- Master in Technology (M.Tech), Birla Institute of Technology,Pilani,India GPA: 8.79/10.00 Dec 2014 — June 2017
- Master in Computer Application (MCA), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology,Allahabad,India GPA: 8.49/10.00 July 2006 —May 2009
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics(Hons.), Banaras Hindu University,India Percentage: 68/100 July 2003 — May 2006
AWARDS & CERTIFICATION
- 2011 Qualified Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.6
- 2017 Qualified UGC NET examination in Computer Science
- 2019 Selected for summer school on ”Development, Deployment, and Runtime of Context-Aware Software Systems” organized by Technical University-Dresden, Germany
- 2020 Completed course on ”Introduction to Reinforcement Learning”, run by Indian Institute of Technology- Madras, NPTEL
- 2021 Reviewer for the journal ”Information Systems Frontiers”, Springer Nature
- 2022 Qualified ”Neural Networks and Deep Learning” from coursera with Credential ID:N4ZBVXTW6ASY and Credential URL: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/N4ZBVXTW6ASY
- 2022 Qualified ”Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter Tuning, Regularization and Optimization” from coursera with Credential URL: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/MVZTVF5Z97WG and Credential ID:MVZTVF5Z97WG
- 2022 Qualified ”Structuring Machine Learning Projects” from coursera with Credential ID:LS2Y73UEUP9L and Credential URL: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/LS2Y73UEUP9L
- 2022 Qualified ”Convolutional Neural Networks” from coursera with Credential ID:4ZVAJJCTTJQV and Credential URL:https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/4ZVAJJCTTJQ
 A. Sinha, R. Vyas, V. Subramanian, and O. Vyas, “Critical infrastructure security: Cyber-physical attack prevention, detection, and
countermeasures,” in Quantum Cryptography and the Future of Cyber Security, IGI Global, 2019, pp. 134–162.
 B. Kumar, A. Sinha, S. Chakrabarti, et al., “Sequential minimal optimization for one-class slab support vector machine,” arXiv
preprint arXiv:2011.03243, 2020.
 B. Kumar, A. Sinha, S. Chakrabarti, and O. Vyas, “A fast learning algorithm for one-class slab support vector machines,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 228, p. 107 267, 2021.
 A. Sinha, S. Chakrabarti, and O. Vyas, “Distributed grid restoration based on graph theory,” in 2020 IEEE International Symposium on Sustainable Energy, Signal Processing and Cyber Security (iSSSC), IEEE, 2020, pp. 1–6.
 H. Goel, A. Gupta, H. Jain, et al., “Three phase authentication protocol for smart grid communication,” in 2019 IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technology, IEEE, 2019, pp. 1–5.
 A. Sinha, M. Mohandas, P. Pandey, and O. Vyas, “Cpdf: Cyber physical defense framework for distributed smart grid applications,” Frontiers in Energy Research, vol. 8, p. 407, 2020.
 A. Sinha, R. Tayal, R. Vyas, and O. Vyas, “Operational flexibility with statistical and deep learning model for electricity load forecasting,” Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (LNEE), Springer, ”” 2021.
 A. Sinha, M. Sawant, and O. Vyas, “Demand response optimization for microgrid clusters with deep reinforcement learning,” 12th International Conference On Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), IEEE Xplore, ”” 2021.
 J. Singh, A. Sinha, P. Goli, et al., “Insider attack mitigation in a smart metering infrastructure using reputation score and blockchain technology,” International Journal of Information Security, 2021.
 A. Vyas, S. Lakhpati, U. Singh, et al., “Exploring predictive analytics for stock prices: Looking towards prescriptive analytics,” Dortmund International Conference 2021, 2021.
 A. Sinha, R. Tayal, A. Vyas, et al., “Forecasting electricity load with hybrid scalable model based on stacked non linear residual approach,” Accepted in Frontiers in Energy Research, 2021.
 A. Sinha, A. R. Thukkaraju, and O. Vyas, “A multi agent framework to detect in progress false data injection attacks for smart grid,” International Conference on Advanced Network Technologies and Intelligent Computing, ANTIC2021, SCOPUS indexed, vol. 1534, ”” 2021.
 B. Kumar, H. Gupta, A. Sinha, and O. Vyas, “Lane detection for autonomous vehicle in hazy environment with optimized deep learning techniques,” International Conference on Advanced Network Technologies and Intelligent Computing, ANTIC2021, SCOPUS indexed, vol. 1534, ”” 2021.
 A. Sinha, S. S. Patel, A. Kumar, and O. Vyas, “Exploiting vulnerabilities in the scada modbus protocol: An ict-reliant perspective,” International Conference on Advanced Network Technologies and Intelligent Computing, ANTIC2021, SCOPUS indexed, vol. 1534, ”” 2021.
 A. Sinha, T. Singh, R. Vyas, et al., “A methodological review of time series forecasting with deep learning model: A case study on electricity load and price prediction,” Third edition of International conference on Machine Learning, Image Processing, Network security and Data Science, MIND-2021, SCOPUS indexed, ”” 2021.
 A. Sinha, S. Dwivedi, S. K. Shukla, and O. Vyas, “Commissioning random matrix theory and synthetic minority oversampling technique for power system faults detection and classification,” 29th Edition, The International Conference on Neural Information Processing, ICONIP2022, SCOPUS indexed, ”” 2022.